Last updated on 15 June 2017
Engine Lease Finance Corporation (“we” or “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in relation to your use of this website (the “Site”). Your personal information privacy is important to us. As our customer, we respect your right to be aware of who holds or has been holding information about you, what they are doing with it and why, and who else they are sharing it with. Our company has adopted a privacy compliance culture that cements this relationship with you.
1. Information we may collect
- 1.1 Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site. The type of information you may typically provide includes your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number and proof of identity.
- 1.2 Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- 1.2.1 technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- 1.2.2 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- 1.3 Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. In this case you will be informed when such data is collected that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our Site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them that is relevant to our business.
3. Uses made of the information
- 3.1 Information you give to us. We will use the information gathered via this Site:
- 3.1.1 to provide you with the information, and services that you request from us;
- 3.1.2 to register you to use our Site or subscribe to a service available via the Site and / or when you report a problem with our Site;
- 3.1.3 subject to your marketing preferences, to provide you with details of services that may be relevant to you (see paragraph 5 (Direct Marketing));
- 3.1.4 to respond to any queries or other communications you submit to us;
- 3.1.5 to notify you about any changes to our services;
- 3.1.6 to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- 3.2 Information about your use of the Site. We will use this information:
- 3.2.1 to determine which pages are the most popular, what country users come from, peak usage times and similar information;
- 3.2.2 to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- 3.2.3 to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- 3.2.4 to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so;
- 3.2.5 as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- 3.2.6 to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and / or
- 3.2.7 to make suggestions and recommendations to you about our (or similar) goods or services that may interest you.
- 3.3 Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with other information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive), and as otherwise disclosed to you when we gather other information about you.
4. Disclosure of your information
- 4.1 We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- 4.2 We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- 4.2.1 our business partners, services suppliers and sub-contractors;
- 4.2.2 advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and/or
- 4.2.3 analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
5. Direct Marketing
We may (subject to applicable data protection laws) use your personal data to make suggestions to you of services that may interest you. Those communications will give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving similar communications in the future. You can also choose to opt-out of such future communications by contacting by email at, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Building 156, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Ireland, in each case addressed for the attention of the IT Business Analyst at Engine Lease Finance Corporation.
6. Where we store your personal data
- 6.1 Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA that work for us or for one of our suppliers, service providers or sub-contractors. The laws of jurisdictions outside the EEA may not have the same level of protection for personal data as apply in Ireland. In such circumstances we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfer and processing.
- 6.2 Where you have chosen (or where we have given you) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- 6.3 Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site which you transmit at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will apply procedures and use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Your rights
- 7.1 Information about you is integral to decisions we make about our services for you. It is essential that your information is correct. You are encouraged to assist us to ensure this by alerting us to any changes in your particular circumstances.
- 7.2 You have the right to request a copy of your data currently held by us. Subject to applicable law, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data as soon as practicable. We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. Any queries in relation to personal data should be sent in writing to Compliance Officer at Engine Lease Finance Corporation, Building 156, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland.
- 7.3 You may also have the right to rectify, block or erase your personal data to the extent that it is inaccurate. If your personal data held by us is inaccurate, you should inform us in writing at the address stated in paragraph 7.2 above.
8. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may from time to time revise this Privacy Statement by amending this page. You will be bound by such revised terms current when you use the Site and you should therefore periodically check this page for any amendments we make. If you choose to bookmark pages within Site for future use, you agree that it is your responsibility to check if any such updates have been made since you last visited the Site.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to the relevant address stated above or otherwise to email@example.com .